Great Discounts!

Amended Returns in Conroe, TX

Correct mistakes you've made on your tax returns easily and accurately. Depend on our experienced accountants at Pierson & Pierson, CPA'S PLLC to file amended returns in Conroe, TX, on your behalf. We use Form 1040X when filing an amended return at the federal level. Let us do the necessary paperwork to make the corrections to your state return too. We have been helping individuals and businesses from Conroe, Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, and Kingwood, Texas, file their taxes properly and amend their returns for more than 28 years. You can rely on us for timely and accurate tax services. Our firm also provides bookkeeping, auditing, and accounting services.

Filing a Correction with Form 1040X

Let us help you amend your federal tax return by filing Form 1040X. As the IRS has a form for this, you can expect that this is a mistake that has happened to a many people over the years. As soon as possible, you will want to correct any mistakes that have resulted in you owing more taxes or paying too little to the IRS. We can also use this form if you missed a tax credit that you did not include on your original return.

The IRS imposes a deadline for filing an amended return. It is the latter of these two dates: File your amended return within three years of submitting your original return or within two years of the date you paid the tax.

Unlike your original return, Form 1040X cannot be filed electronically. You must print out a copy of this form and mail it to the IRS. You do not have to redo your original tax form. Instead, include only the adjustments on the amended form.

Pen & Paperwork in Conroe, TX

The Advantages of Filing an Amended Return

It's to your advantage to amend a tax return, whether or not you owe money. If you discover you qualify for an additional tax credit, this only increases your refund. However, if you find out that you underpaid your taxes, sending in a Form 1040X will save you penalties and interest on the amount owed.

When to File Form 1040X

You do not need to file an amended tax return if you made a minor math error on your original return or if you forgot to include a form. It is part of the tax agency's responsibility to double-check the math and request a required forum if you did not send it. However, if you made incorrect entries for your filing status, number of dependents, total amount of income, and number of deductions, you should file an amendment. Let our experienced tax preparers to save you the trouble and ensure accuracy by filing this form for you.

Contact us today to file an amended tax return for you. We provide tax preparation and bookkeeping, as well as financial and accounting services for residents of Conroe, Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, Tomball, Montgomery, Magnolia and Kingwood, Texas.